Saturday 31 August 2013

2nd draft



Personally, I think writing is the primary basis upon which your work, your learning, and your intellect will be judged. Quality of writing affects how your knowledge is conveyed to others and from that others will judge you and your works. In my field of study of real estate, there are a lot of group project reports and most of my examinations are actually based on writing essays. Even if I have studied sufficiently for the examinations, my lack of good writing skills put me at a disadvantage as it may adversely affect how my essays or reports are graded by the lecturers.
    
 After I had noticed my problem, I started to look for tips from the internet on how to improve my writing skills. I started writing every day on the first few days before examinations by doing past year examinations questions or tutorials. I also tried to read extensively on news relating to real estate or any major news when I had the time to do so. However, my writing did not seem to improve by much. Furthermore, I still got mental blocks while writing.    

 I think one of the few things that I never take note of during my writing practice is the time I used to write an essays or answer a question. Hence, I tend to panic and have a slight mental block when my time was running short. However, my practice would have benefited me if the questions in the examinations were similar to those I practised. 

 One of the ways that I could clear my mind block is to empty my mind of all the distractions like the time on the clock or the furious writing of others in the examination hall. When I cannot think of any new ideas, I could have just continued to write instead of stopping on one question or one topic or worrying what to write.

1 comment:

  1. Summary:

    Jun Kang is studying real estate which requires him to write frequently, however he experiences a difficulty in penning down his thoughts in a clear and concise manner while often being distracted by the environment which may put him in an unfavorable position when it comes to academic grades.

    Please correct me if i am wrong. Regards Jared Leong

    ReplyDelete