Wednesday 6 November 2013

Critical Reflection 1: Essay Process

In the initial stage of writing this essay, I had a natural tendency of writing about things related to environment degradation much due to Chandra's influence and thoughts of linking globalization to global warming and deforestation. However, globalization is a very broad and complicated topic linking many spheres of disciplines like arts,sciences and economics together. Hence, much effort is being utilized to find specific local events or phenomenon connected with both environment and globalization. Initially, I had the notion of writing about disposable chopsticks and deforestation as I remember Brad talking about cutting down of tropical trees to supply Japan with chopsticks.    

However, as I continued to brainstorm and research on this topic, I found insufficient data from the local databases and government websites regarding disposable chopsticks. Thus, I tried to be flexible and search for a new idea by widening my scope Thus, I saw an "easy way out" in form of rising food wastage as it was recently being reported by the local media and there are sufficient interest and data by the government agencies like National Environment Agency in this matter.   

From this case, I have learn to be more flexible in choosing topics for writing be it for a report and group project.Rather than harping on a topic that you think you are good at, you could widen your horizon and looked for a new topic to write on that is more manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment