Thursday 14 November 2013

Critical Reflection: The next stage for my learning

Taking this module was meaningful for me in my university life.Though I initially feel that it is a waste of my time taking this module, I soon find that it taught quite about academic writing.

The thing I like most about this module is blogging. I feel that it is a great best way to track of our progress.We can also used the feedback given to improve our writing skills and look back on our past mistake in the previous posts.In addition, the writing skills will definitely be applicable in my field of study, real estate. I believed that with better writing skills would enable me to present my ideas better. Being specific or concise comes to my mind first when I tried to recall what I have learnt from Brad. In real estate report, being specific helps to avoid ambiguity in the information or data being conveyed.

 We have been practicing our writing on different drafts for the essay and through these writing and commenting, I found my weakness was lack of good grammar and understanding of sentence structure.

Even though ES1102 module has ended, I believe my learning has not.With continuous positive attitude towards academic writing , I hoped that my writing skills will be more refined in the future.  

Hope the best for you guys' final exams! =) 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jun Kang, for this brief reflection. The strength of this is that you give some examples of how you feel you writing has changed. You also connect what you have learned to your future career in real estate.

    The weakness here is that there are quite a few grammar mistakes. For instance:

    Though I initially feel that it is a waste of my time taking this module, I soon find that it taught quite about academic writing. >>>
    Though I initially FELT that it WAS a waste of my time taking this module, I soon FOUND that it WOULD TEACH quite A BIT about academic writing.

    And that's just in the first paragraph! (But every man needs an editor!)

    The good news is that we humans -- especially at your age -- don't stop learning.

    Best of luck as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete